Saturday, February 20, 2016

I'm Happy

Today, as I recover from yet another weekend out with my friends, I discovered that I'm okay. Really, I am. I think about all the things that could go wrong in my life right now, and I'm not doing to bad. I have amazing family and friends that love me, I have a roof over my head, and food in my belly (trust me more food than I need). Sure things may go bad from time to time, like a ruined laptop, but life always balances out. Everyday that I'm here I catch myself growing as an individual. I can take care of myself and make my own decisions. I do the things I like to do and I've found people that like the same things as me. I'm also finding different groups of friends that help me indulge in different things I like. I have my friends I go out and party with, I have my friends that bring out my nerdy side, and I have friends that we just order a pizza and sit and watch movies. It's good to have different friends to hangout with and I feel good with not sticking to the same few people all the time. I'm the type of person that can get too much of people and need time away, so with having different groups of friends makes it very easy to find someone else to talk to until I'm okay. With these new friends I am able be who I want be, and I am the same person no matter who I am with. This makes me very happy. In the past I always wanted to impress people and would often hold my opinions and interests back so that I would seem normal, but who wants normal. Here I can be who I want to be, and I am happy. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment