Monday, February 1, 2016

Let's Start Over

The start of the new year has already gone and passed us by. We now enter the second month of 2016 and I can't help but feel that I haven't accomplished anything. Now I know its only been one month and resolutions are dumb and forgotten about by now, but I still want to do something to better myself. I don't necessarily want to set goals for myself because I know that I will forget about them, or just not care and get that second slice of cake anyway. I have made the choice to start over my new year, but this time instead of goals I will just try to make better choices. Wether it be taking the stairs instead of the elevator, or maybe not taking that shot of whiskey thats going to flip my stomach in ten minutes. No matter what the decision I hope to make the better ones.

While I'm on the subject of starting over. I don't really know what possessed me to write. I am in no means a good writer. Often times I ask my roommate to check my papers before handing them in. Quiet frankly I don't even know if I'm going to keep up with this. Right now blogging is something to pass the time and force myself to sit down and think about what is happening in my life, or what I'm avoiding in life (like the two page paper I have due at midnight that I still haven't started). I remember when I was about 8-10 I started blogging on a site that was specifically for younger girls to blog and read about each other, and I am surprised at how long I kept up with it. Maybe this is just me revisiting my past, or I'm just a really good procrastinator.

Speaking of procrastination, I have a two page paper, two chapters worth of critical thinking questions, another 3 page journal entry for ed psych, and I have to print off my study guide for tomorrow. So I better be on my way, honestly I'm probably going to go procrastinate some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment